Photoluminescent Door Handle "Push" Sign
- Emergency Egress/Safety Sign
- Explosion proof semi-rigid plastic
- No power or wiring required
- Requires continued exposure to at least 54 LUX illumination
- Meets New York City Building Code Reference Standard RS 6-1 & 6-1A and Local Law 26
- Indoor use only
A simple way to add additional emergency egress signage. Meets stringent New York City safety codes (New York City Building Code Reference Standard RS 6-1 & 6-1A and Local Law 26 of 2004). Identifies door handles, knobs, and/or escutcheons leading to an exit pathway (fulfills RS 6-1 220.127.116.11).
No electricity or battery required. These signs can be easily placed on any flat surface using double-sided tape (not included). Under normal lighting conditions, these signs are highly visible. In the event of low (or absence of) lighting due to power failure the lettering on the signs will "glow-in-the-dark." (Signs must be "charged" to glow, requires exposure to 54 LUX (5-ft candles) of fluorescent, metal halide or mercury vapor light illumination).