1" x 100' Roll Photoluminescent Tape
- No electricity, no batteries
- Thin gauge polyester film
- Peel-off adhesive backing makes installation easy and low-cost
- Requires 54 LUX (5-ft candles) of fluorescent, metal halide or mercury vapor light to charge material for 60 minutes
- Install indoors only
- Non-toxic and non-radioactive
- High tack tape sticks to rough surfaces
- Long life expectancy
- No future hazmat disposal needed
Photoluminescent tape absorbs and stores energy from a light source. In the event of an emergency involving blackout or smoke-laden conditions, this tape is immediately visible, providing a safe, illuminated evacuation path.
Conforms to most irregular surfaces, and will adhere to painted wood, metal, sealed concrete and most nonporous materials. Existing tape must be removed first, using a heat gun to warm the existing material and then get an edge started or use scraper. Any residual adhesive can be removed with a commercial solvent adhesive remover.