City of Chicago Approved Products
The City of Chicago has specific codes regarding emergency egress signage (what products may be used and where these products must be placed).
The City of Chicago requires that any exit signs:
- Signs must be rectangular 20 gauge sheet metal box with a glass or plastic face
- Signs must be red lettering on white
- The letters and arrows of exit signs and exit sign/emergency light combos are MANDATED to be red.
- Directional Arrows are beneath the sign lettering and are the same width as the lettering
- All Exits Signs need to be internally illuminated with at least a 10 watt "electric lamp"
We carry a full line of City of Chicago code approved emergency egress products.